Staying safe in an airport is more a matter of using common sense than anything else. When travelling locally or abroad, following some simple steps can keep you, your family and your personal belongings safe and secure.
Following are some steps that you can take to keep yourself safe whenever you travel. Keeping these in mind while at the airport will make all of your travels easier and much less stressful.
- Before you travel, take a moment and write out a detailed plan so that everyone in your group knows what they are to do and what it expected of them. Having a checklist will help you ensure that your group and your belongings are in place and where they need to be.
- Visit the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) website to learn what is and what is not allowed in your carry-on baggage. Having the improper items will delay you and your party and maybe even make you miss your flight. Never let your carry-on out of your site; illegal items could be placed inside it by a drug smuggler or anyone else looking to do harm to others and you could be blamed for it or injured yourself.
- The TSA also has a list of prohibited items that you should know about. Some are more obvious than others, but still, there are some that you wouldn’t normally think of as being prohibited but they are. Being informed is the best way to stay safe in today’s airports.
- Have proper identification and keep it safely with you. If you are flying with children, keep their identification with yours so it doesn’t get lost. A missing or lost identification card, passport or driver’s license could cause delays and or temporary imprisonment in a foreign country.
- When moving through the airport, it is best to not do anything that could call attention to you or your party for the wrong reasons. Don’t flash large amounts of money or jewelry, wear clothing that is easily X-rayed so you don’t have to remove it at any point and listen to and follow the directions of airport personnel. Failing to do so or being argumentative could lead to you being detained or arrested. Using common sense and courtesy will go a long way in ensuring your smooth travels.
- If you see suspicious activity, report it. If you see a suspicious package, DO NOT touch it; report it to the authorities instead. Always abide by airport rules and avoid acting belligerent or rude. Don’t ever leave your luggage, children or pets unattended at any time. Being careful and alert is first and foremost the nest way to get you onto your flight quickly and safely.
Here at Leicester Premier Airport Taxis we care about your safety and security and we want you to get home safely. When traveling away or abroad, always use a reputable airport taxi service to get you where you need to go.